We love PlanToys at Babipur, and their colourful eco toys have been on our shelves since 2009. For over 30 years, PlanToys have been leading the way in making green and ethical toys that are hits with kids and parents alike. If you’ve not come across the brand before, here’s everything you need to know about PlanToys.
Our shelves are piled high with gifts for two-year-olds this Christmas. From wooden toys to dolls and musical instruments – we have everything a two-year-old could possibly want. For a growing toddler, there’s nothing better than getting to rip open a whole load of new presents in a some new festive pyjamas, so read on for our top tips on what to get them to ensure a tantrum-free Christmas day.
1) Janod Magnetic Rocket
Christmas is a magical time of year, and even more so when there’s a new member of the family to celebrate with. At Babi Pur, we have everything you need to make baby’s first Christmas extra special. From festive cloth nappies, organic clothing and pram shoes to cute rattles and teethers, it’s all covered – even the stocking to squeeze it all into. Here are our top ten buys for baby’s first Christmas:
1) Frugi Easyfit v4 Penguin Nappy
Say goodbye to throw-away plastic and hello to ethical toys by having a green Christmas with Babi Pur. Our shelves are fit to burst with lots of lovely organic, fair trade, sustainable toys that are built to last, without harming the planet. Here are our top ten ethical gifts that your children will love this Christmas.
Haba Wooden BlocksWooden building blocks have to be one of our all time favourite toys and Haba have a wide selection for all ages. Haba First Blocks are a fab Christmas present for a one-year-old. Combining brightly coloured blocks with a bell, beads, mirror and ball, building their first tower will be a stimulating experience. Take it to the next level with the 102-piece Haba Basic Building Blocks XL Set, a huge set of building blocks that will keep children aged 1 and up entertained for hours. For ages three and up, the Haba Ghost Tower and Knight’s Castle block set will be a magical present. Young children will love creating castles of their own designs using this set and populating them with a host of residents, including a spooky ghost and fiery dragon. Children aged 5 and up (not to mention their parents) will love Haba’s historical sets which enable them to create the pyramids, Middle Eastern palaces and the Roman Coliseum.
Wooden Building Blocks are great for children!
In this fast-paced technological age, wooden building blocks can seem old fashioned and clumsy; but with the continuing trend for honest and uncomplicated vintage toys for children, more and more parents are recognising the virtues of simple, coloured wooden toys and building blocks.
Wooden blocks are often associated with younger children, but here at Babi Pur, we’ve found that kids of all ages love them; at the age of six our oldest still has hours of fun with her blocks.
Kids love to play with wooden blocks for loads of reasons, not least because they’re drawn to their bright colours and simple symmetry. Experts agree that simple wooden toys and building blocks are brilliant toys for kids because they can help to:
- Teach language skills – In their simplest form, wooden blocks can help with numeracy, literacy, shapes and colours. They can also help children with self expression if they’re encouraged to share what they’re doing and creating.
- Build self-esteem – wooden blocks are great for teaching children about self confidence because they are in total control of what, how and where they build and play. Blocks are simple so children don’t need their parents’ help, which can be a great confidence boost.
- Develop dexterity – by playing with blocks, children can master dexterity, patience, gentle playing and balance. When children play with wooden blocks they use the same muscles in their hands as they do when they write or eat.
- Encourage creativity – there is an almost infinite number of things that children can build, create and make with a simple set of wooden blocks and this really helps them to expand their imagination.
- Family fun – wooden blocks are great for kids of all ages, and all the family can get involved.
And for older children, why not combine wooden building blocks with a brilliant wooden marble run? Kids love constructing marble runs and they can help teach them about logic, maths and science not to mention patience and perseverance. Using wooden blocks to extend the run will add another dimension and encourage kids to think outside the box.
A lovely wooden marble run can keep kids entertained for hours as they figure out new ways to see their marbles flying across the room, which means you can keep hold of yours!
Find Babi Pur’s range of beautifully made Haba wooden marble runs and marble toys here.
Here at Babi Pur we have a fantastic range of colourful wooden blocks and wooden toys, ranging from simple building blocks to more elaborate shapes and themes, that are great to mix and match.
Find our whole range of toys here and don’t forget to check back often because we’re always adding lovely new items. As well as wooden blocks and toys we also stock a variety of ride on toys, jigsaws, dolls houses, train sets and much much more! We even have a pocket money selection of toys that are ideal for Christmas stocking fillers!
Imajo is a importer of hand made rag dolls from Sri Lanka and has now teamed up with Babi Pur selling these beautiful dolls online. Rosanne pictured here has starred in a recent commercial for Harveys furniture at the start of Coronation Street. Each doll is Hand made using locally sourced materials supporting the local community in as many ways as possible. The factory they are made in operates Fair Trade standards and principles.
A few facts provided by Imajo LTD
- No employees under age 18
- Employees take home at least minimum wage depending on skills and experience
- Transport to and from work is fully paid for by employer
- Both employer and employees contribute to an “Employee Crisis Fund” which can be used to help employees through difficult periods
- Both employer and employees contribute to an “Employee Trust Fund” which can be accessed at any time.
- Refreshments are provided in employee canteen area
- Factory layout result of consultation with European Factory Manager
- Standard 44.5 hour week (8 hours Mon-Fri, 4.5 hours Saturday)
- Employees are granted paid annual leave and all public holidays are respected, including any religious holidays
- All female workers receive maternity pay and have the right to return
I think you’ll agree, a great range of beautiful dolls has been added to the Babi Pur toy collection. Shop Rag Dolls