A baby’s first Christmas is a really special time of celebration, enjoyment and magic for the whole family; although it does have the potential to be a stressful time as well, as all of you attempt to balance the festivities with the baby’s routine.
We do remember our little ones’ first Christmas, so we thought we’d share our top tips for a super festive and happy all round baby’s first Christmas!
- Christmas is often all about seeing friends and family, especially those you might not see so often, but for your first Christmas with baby don’t overstretch yourself. Make plenty of time for your little family unit to relax so you don’t tire out baby, or yourself.
- Baby is sure to get loads of presents, so don’t be afraid to ask for practical ones if well-wishers ask what you’d like. Asking for clothes or toys that baby can grow into means that they are sure to get plenty of wear before he grows out of it; there’s only so many times he can wear different variations on a Christmas pudding outfit!
- And of course, be sure to mention that you’d prefer ethical Christmas presents for baby, such as fair trade and organic cotton clothes and toys. Babi Pur has a huge range of ethical toys, blankets, clothes and accessories that mum and baby will love.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from family and friends if it all gets too much – they’ll be more than happy to help you out if they can.
- Buy a few small keepsakes, like a special bauble, decoration or stocking; you’ll be able to bring it out year after year and reminisce with your child as they get older.
- Don’t forget to take LOADS of pictures of your baby’s first Christmas. In our digital age, you can never really have too many and they will make a lovely keep-sake for your child as he gets older. You could even have them made into an inexpensive photo book later on.
- Use one of the nicest pictures to print out and make into personalised “thank-you” cards for all of your baby’s Christmas presents.
- And lastly, have lots of fun! Don’t worry about the little things; just relax and enjoy your first Christmas with your beautiful new baby.
What special things did you do to celebrate your baby’s first Christmas? We’d love to hear from you, so share your tips in the comments box below!
All images have been supplied by our lovely customers.. here’s some more…
Happy first Christmas!